Preventive Maintenance Espresso Machines
This workshop will prepare students to be able to:
- Explain the difference between single and multiple boiler espresso machines.
- Identify and source preventative maintenance tools to keep near the espresso machine.
- Describe the importance and process of:
- cleaning and changing grinder burrs
- changing a gasket on the group head (including dispersion screen)
- cleaning or changing drainage tubes
- steam-wand reassembly
- changing water filters
- Identify leaky gaskets and steam wand valves.
The purpose of this course is to provide attendees with a basic understanding of the inner-workings of espresso equipment. What's special about this course is that we've attempted to make it as hands-on as possible. This could be the course where a student pierces a gasket with an awl for the first time, or sees the inside of an espresso grinder.